Monday, March 2, 2015

Camping at Pehoe n'at

Pehoe--best campground I ever saw.  In fact, I plotted out a little area where I want to put up my yurt so I can just move there permanently.  


I mean seriously.... THIS is the view I want out my window every morning.  And right outside our tent door the girls had this sweet little playground.  


Each campsite had a little shelter.  Presumably it was for the picnic table, but we pitched our tent under it to protect us from the ever-present wind.  No matter.... it still sounded like a train was going over all night long. 


Most amazing thing:  the stars!!  It was completely pitch black in the night and once the moon went down, the Milky Way was unbelievably clear.  And I got to see the Southern Cross for the first time!  And Orion was upside-down from the way we are used to seeing it.  It was just so cool and wild to see the sky in the Southern hemisphere.  Wow!

In the area around Pehoe, we saw hundreds of guanaco, which are wild llamas or alpacas.  So beautiful!


No comments:

Post a Comment