Sunday, July 8, 2012

West Coast (6) 4th of July

Our original plan had been to go windsurfing at Hood River on the 4th, but the wind wasn't blowing so we adjusted our plans. We ended up going to Sauvie Island and picking berries, which turned out to be the perfect thing. It was a spectacular day--mid 70's, totally clear and sunny, and for the first time since we got to the NW this time, we were able to see the mountains! We had a great view of St. Helens from the island and later were able to see Mt. Hood as well. When we left Sauvie Island, we took the girls to Jamison Plaza in downtown Portland and they played in the fountain there for awhile. Then back to the Sanders for dinner and relaxing. Later in the evening I somehow managed to fall backwards off a stool, crack my head against the wall and give myself a concussion. Luckily now (three days later) I can say that I'm pretty much recovered, but that was a heck of a headache that I had for several days! Jonathan took the girls to the fireworks down by the river--I declined, as I had my own fireworks going on right in my head....

No comments:

Post a Comment