Saturday, October 6, 2012

Thursday

Early morning walk with Gail, then breakfast and off to our morning engagement playing for the British girls' school in Bulawayo.  They set up a "stage" for us out on the lawn and we played for the girls during their morning class break.  There was a group of girls that came right up to the front and cheered like crazy for every song.

After lunch back at Helen's place, I called and discovered that my suitcase had been sent on the flight to Bulawayo on the 1st of October.  Hmm.   We called on the 1st and they told me that it was still in Atlanta, and that I would get an email when it was at the correct destination.  Hmmm.  Oh well--I couldn't have picked it up when we were away to Vic Falls anyway, so no big loss.  The nice thing is that I can wear my own gown for the concert this weekend, I will have the CDs that I brought to sell, but most importantly, I will have clothes to wrap all my souvenirs in on the way home!  :-)  I was looking at some of these things I bought and wondering how I'd get them back in one piece, even if I bought a piece of luggage to put them in, since I wouldn't have anything to wrap them with.  Guess that's all sorted out.

I was supposed to have the afternoon to practice, but since I spent it running out to the airport for my bag, I just had a tiny bit of time this evening to get some work done.  Luckily the full day of practice I put in on Monday really paid off and it seems like most everything is pretty well in my fingers by now.  I think this next concert is going to be a good one.

Can't believe tomorrow is Friday already.  This all went by in a flash!

No comments:

Post a Comment