Monday, February 16, 2015

Meanwhile, back at the ranch....

While I was away in Atlanta, J held down the fort in Santiago with the girls.  He worked with them on their computer programming, made them pancakes for breakfast, and shirked the laundry.

On the weekend they also took a hike to a beautiful spot which is right in Santiago, reachable by public transit--El Parque Natural Aguas de Ramon.  The hike culminates at some cool waterfalls.  Sadly, Bear's foot was bothering her (they think she may have sprained it right at the beginning of the hike) so they weren't able to reach the end of the trail.  However, it looks like a great place that deserves a return visit.




Somewhere along the trail there was a zipline that the girls were quite taken with, although neither of them seemed to eager to sign up for it.....




The other thing J and the girls did was to plan an elaborate crepe brunch for me on my return from Atlanta (I arrived early on Tuesday morning).  It struck me that the last time I was coming through the Santiago airport I was thinking, "I wonder what our apartment will be like....  I wonder if we're going to like it here.....  I wonder if I'll be able to understand Chilean Spanish.... I wonder.... I wonder....."  and this time around, coming through the same exact corridors only one month later, I was thinking, "I'm almost home, I'm almost home!"


No comments:

Post a Comment