Friday, February 20, 2015

"Extreme" weather

Put a big X on your calendar, folks..... it was OVERCAST in Santiago today!!!  It even rained (we didn't realize it ever did anything like that here) and we had some thunder.  The girls were so excited that they begged to rush out and run around and play in the rain.  I did not get rained on during my morning hike up San Cristobal, but the city sure did look different than usual.


About mid-morning we noticed that we were all feeling chilly in the apartment--we put on sweatshirts, I was wearing long pants, and I even donned my wool socks.  At one point I decided to look it up to see just how cold it actually was.

Da-da-DUMM......  SEVENTY DEGREES!!!   Hahaha!  Let's just say we've "adjusted to the heat," which sounds so much better than the alternative: that we've become weather wimps.

Meanwhile in Pittsburgh it was so cold (I mean, actually cold for REAL) that they closed school.  We got the announcement by email.  -7 or something.  Brrr! I can hardly wrap my brain around it being that cold--nearly 100 degrees below the temperature here on the average day.






No comments:

Post a Comment